Sunday, September 03, 2006

Ciao from Italia




We arrived into Milan last Thursday, the 31st of August. The first sight we saw when we stepped off the plane (after we blinked away some foregone sleep) was the sun shining off the Alps. They were already covered with snow. It was a beautiful, welcome sight as well as the crisp morning air.

Believe it or not, all our bags arrived and we were greeted at the airport with our friend (one of our ministers here) Pasquale di Pentima. He came with his small Fiesta car that has a gas tank and a propane tank. It was a very tight squeeze to get all the luggage in, but amazing enough it fit! I was covered completely in the back seat. Every few miles driving from the airport, Pasquale would ask if I was okay and I managed to squeak out "i'm fine."

No comments: