


It's been over 3 weeks since we first occupied our little flat. I'll send a few pictures so you can get an idea of our surroundings. One thing we fell in love with is the canal that is next to our place. It has a trail that runs alongside it which makes for some nice walks/runs/bike rides (that is when we buy some cheap bikes!)
We've had enough company to fill up one page of our guestbook so that has been a wonderful way to make it feel like home. One of the pictures here is of our sister workers, Elisa, Concettina and Clarita, a girl from Ecuador that lives here. They had lunch at our place on Sunday. Concettina brought a homemade apple pie for us - yumm. Then, we sang some hymns for our English hymnbook. It helped fill the little hole as our thoughts were very much on the convention we were missing at Mountain Peak, Texas.
Tomorrow, everything is closed for All Saints Day. It's a national holiday that falls on November 1. Perhaps we'll take advantage of this 'free' day and head for the mountains again for some hiking.
Before I sign off, I'll give you our physical address. It goes like this:
Via Martesana 40
20064 Gorgonzola (MI)
Italia
Our phone is yet to be installed. When we get a number, I'll share it with you all at that time.
1 comment:
Wish it was cost effective to send
the cheese - Gorgonzola is our
favorite!!! Take care, Deb
Post a Comment