Friday, January 12, 2007

The importance of coffee


This is an image of what the standard coffee makers are here in Italia - this is we use at our place too! I'm told that these were the standard many moons ago in the US too! They are aluminum (so we are likely to get Alzheimer's any day now - in fact I think it might be happening already).
There is a phrase here about how important coffee (cafe) is. 'A good meal deserves coffee, a bad meal needs coffee!'

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Speaking of coffee, we are still enjoying the coffee you brought us! Every time we have a cup we think of you two...so glad for our time together. Benjamin misses you. love, R,A,&B

Anonymous said...

How important is coffee? Well, here I sit at the office at 7:30 am on Wednesday, day 2 of the dreaded ICE STORM of Central Texas. I was the only one in the office in yesterday, and probably the only one today - and its COFFEE that keeps a guy going.

Hope you had a wonderful trip to TX and to see your family, and that you are safely 'home' again!!!!
Love the updates and hope all the paperwork went well so that you may begin your new life as planned.

Ciao kids!

50%

Tonia said...

It's been so great to follow along with you all! We are very thankful for what you are doing. I loved the post on the importance of coffee, and I too have fears that Alzheimer's is starting to settle in! love, Tonia and family

Anonymous said...

Hi Angie and Wayne!
How are you guys? Sorry I missed you when you were here for Uncle Delby and Aunt Dorothy’s anniversary party (and cousin’s reunion). I wish I could have seen everyone, but Landon and I decided to get together for New Years. I really hate that I missed everyone though.
I love reading about your adventures in Italy, I’m so envious! It’s great to see pictures, too. Your kitchen looks so cozy, I love it! I do have a question about the coffee maker – is it one of those that makes espresso while steaming the milk at the same time? Those have become quite popular here in the last year.
Anyway, I just wanted to say hello and keep those notes from your Italian life coming.
Love,
Jerra

Anonymous said...

Hello: Glad to hear about your popcorn making. At least you didn't set the kitchen on fire. Another story to share some day.
Take care. Love Carl & Gloria

Anonymous said...

I have one of those coffee pots! I enjoy reading the updates that y'all post... hope you have a great week!