Thursday, January 04, 2007

Sweet Sendoff


After over a month in the states, we were anxious to go back "home" to Italia. Just wanted to share a little heartwarming story and pic. Here goes: before we came to Italia the first time, I reconnected with my kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Aul. This happened because I was collecting letters of recommendation for the au pair (nanny) job I had when we first came. I called her because I babysat her kids when I was in highschool. She promptly provided a letter and we promised each other to stay in touch. She has been following this blog since then. When she learned we would be in the St. Louis area, she asked if we could get together. So we made plans to meet for coffee at the airport before our flight left the morning of the 1st.

You see, Mrs. Aul's earliest memories of me was when I got sick all over her desk. This just happened to be her first year of teaching. Thank goodness she has been gracious enough to forgive me for this mishap. You're the best, Mrs. Aul!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWWWWW, shucks, Angie! You are just as sweet now as you were at age 5! I adored seeing you and your mom and meeting your precious husband. I'm so glad you posted, so I know you made it "home" safely!

Love, "Mrs. Aul"

Anonymous said...

It was great to check your blog today and see a big smile on your face in your picture - we're glad you had great times in TX for a month and also that you were anxious and happy to go back "home". It must feel like home to feel that way - that'a great. We don't comment a lot but we love following your blog. In fact, we started our own awhile back if you want to check in and see what we're up to now and again - it is mandmnews.blogspot.com
Love,Michelle and Morgan